Summer home improvement ideas to transform your Maryland home
Summer is the perfect time to tackle those long-awaited home improvement projects and breathe new life into your Maryland home. Whether you’re looking to enhance the interior or spruce up the exterior, we have some fantastic ideas that will make a significant impact not only to your home, but also the value of your home.
In this article, we’ll explore a range of home improvement projects suitable for the summer months, providing inspiration for Maryland homeowners looking to create a beautiful and comfortable living space.
1. Repaint the walls: Homeowners can brighten up their interiors by repainting the walls with fresh, vibrant colors. Opt for hues that reflect the coastal charm of the state, such as soft blues, warm sandy neutrals, or earthy greens. A fresh coat of paint can instantly rejuvenate a room and create a relaxing atmosphere.
2. Upgrade lighting fixtures: Swap out outdated light fixtures with modern and energy-efficient alternatives. LED lighting not only saves on energy costs but also offers excellent illumination. Consider installing dimmer switches to create adjustable lighting options, allowing you to set the perfect ambiance in each room.
3. Install a ceiling fan: Maryland summers can be hot and humid, making a ceiling fan a valuable addition to any room. Install a stylish ceiling fan to improve air circulation and provide a refreshing breeze during those warm summer months. It can help reduce reliance on air conditioning and add a touch of elegance to your space.
4. Revamp your kitchen: Simple changes like replacing cabinet hardware, installing a new backsplash, or upgrading appliances can make a significant difference. Go for sleek, energy-efficient appliances and consider adding a fresh coat of paint to cabinets for a modern look. You can also tear down walls or make entrances bigger for a more open feel.
5. Add storage solutions: Maryland homeowners can maximize their space by incorporating functional storage solutions. Install shelving units, closet organizers, or built-in cabinets to declutter and optimize storage. Customized storage options will help keep your home organized and create a sense of spaciousness.
1. Landscaping and gardening: Take advantage of Maryland’s beautiful outdoor spaces by enhancing your yard with landscaping and gardening projects. Plant vibrant flowers, shrubs, and trees that thrive in the state’s climate. Create defined garden beds and add a layer of mulch for a polished look. Consider installing a drip irrigation system to ensure efficient watering.
2. Outdoor living spaces: Transform your outdoor area into a comfortable and inviting living space. Install a patio, deck, or porch and furnish it with stylish outdoor furniture. Create a cozy seating arrangement, complete with comfortable cushions and throw pillows. Consider adding an outdoor kitchen or a fire pit for entertaining family and friends during those warm summer evenings.
3. Repaint or stain exterior surfaces: Give your Maryland home’s exterior a fresh look by repainting or restaining surfaces such as siding, doors, and window frames. Opt for colors that complement the natural surroundings and architectural style of your home. A well-maintained exterior can greatly enhance the curb appeal and value of your property.
4. Upgrade the front entrance: Make a lasting impression by upgrading your home’s front entrance. Install a new front door that complements the architectural style of your home or give your existing door a fresh coat of paint. Replace worn-out house numbers, update the mailbox, and improve the lighting to create a warm and welcoming entryway.
5. Install outdoor lighting: Enhance the security and aesthetics of your Maryland home by installing outdoor lighting. Illuminate pathways, highlight architectural features, and create a magical ambiance with string lights. Well-placed outdoor lighting not only adds beauty to your property but also ensures safety during evening hours.
Remember, each project can be customized to suit your budget and preferences. Take advantage of the summer months to make these improvements and enjoy the fruits of your labor for years to come.
If you need other helpful tips on your home improvement project, read over the rest of our blog for ideas. Additionally, if you’re in Maryland areas like Hagerstown, Frederick, Mt. Airy, and surrounding regions and need professional contractors to help you with your home project, call us at 301-820-5134 for a free estimate so we can take the hard part off your hands and get it done professionally and done right so you can have the home of your dreams.
V’s Home Improvement is a fully licensed contractor with the Maryland Home Improvement Commission (MHIC).